Question by 168: Kitchen lights (ceiling and under cabinet) with different color temperatures?
My kitchen’s ceiling lights are warm fluorescent tubes. Is it okay to have under cabinet lights of color temperature different from that of fluorescent, like halogen lights? Or, are there any non-fluorescent under cabinet lights that have the same color temperature of warm fluorescent kitchen light?
Answer by Peter
If it were me, I would use the halogens under the cabinets and change the fluorescents to a different temperature. Tubes come in so many different configurations, it makes sense to change them before settling for something you don’t want.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- How to make kitchen cabinet with special effects
- I want to paint my dark kitchen cabinets a lighter color?
- Color options for Kitchen Design
- Is it against electrical code to have my microwave wired to the same circuit as my kitchen lights?
- Q&A: Trying to Rewire Kitchen light and it works but now the living room (previous room) lights blow the fuse!?