Question by Austin H: My butane lighter won’t let gas flow out when I press the button. What is wrong with it?
I just refueled it 5 minutes ago. The spark works, but the gas won’t come out when I press the button.
Answer by Guest
You have an air lock. If you have the filling instructions read them again, it is quite likely that the lighter did not accept any more gas. Otherwise, insert the gas filler equipment, nozzle, into the lighter just enough to release any pressure in the lighter tank. Then make a better contact between the nozzle and the lighter so the gas will flow into the lighter. Try this idea with the lighter on the bottom and the nozzle on top, filling down, and see if the lighter took any gas. If it didn’t, burp it again and have the lighter on the top and the gas nozzle on the bottom.
It needs burped and filled in the proper manner.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Q & A: Repairing a BBQ gas flow problem – how do i do it?
- How do i put butane gas into a lighter? I keep trying but it doesnt work and it sprays out everywhere.?
- Why is liquid butane in my gas lighter refill can cold?
- Q&A: can my cigarette lighter thing in my car be fixed? and my car belt is making a sound.everytime i press the gas?
- My Lighter Hisses, But Wont Light