by Jordan Brock
Question by katherine: want to paint walls a color that will match maple light colored kitchen cabinet/dining room are?
the floors are a light wood as well.I like warm colors but not dark no yellow.any suggestions that will look good with the wood.Also have light wood paneling below a chair rail of the sample color wood as the cabinets…kitchen doesn’t get a lot of natural light.
Answer by dblindguy
With all the maple wood tones, and the lack of natural light, you need to brighten up the kitchen and warm up the room. I would use a light to medium ( you want the color to be rich but bright) warm cinnamon color. It would make the cabinet and floor colors pop, and make the room feel brighter. I would also go 1 step further and paint the chair rail in the same color except 1 to 2 shades darker than the wall. Also if you have the space place some ( 2 to 3 ) dark colored accesories on the countertops to add depth to the wall color.
What do you think? Answer below!
- what color do i paint the cabinets if the kitchen is light peach?
- Kitchen lights (ceiling and under cabinet) with different color temperatures?
- Q&A: Is tan a good color to paint a kitchen that has light oak/honey cabinets and creme appliances?
- How do I get hair color off a light wooden kitchen chair?
- Q&A: Trying to Rewire Kitchen light and it works but now the living room (previous room) lights blow the fuse!?